PARKING BRAKE CONTROL ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT (REAR ONLY OF TWO-PIECE)-Continued
REPLACING REAR-CONTROL ASSEMBLY (SHORT)
Make sure the metal casing of control assembly (A) is free to rotate at both ends so as not to
cause binding of the inner pushrod.
1. With the shift lever in P (park) position and the bellcrank in the N (neutral) position, place the inner pushrods (B) of
the control assemblies (A and C) in connected position and hold, while second mechanic manually moves
bellcrank to the P (park) position.
Moving the bellcrank to the P (park) position will close the gap between the control assemblies (A
2. Manually tighten disconnect nut (D) on control assembly (A) finger tight.
3. Using a 15/16 inch wrench, install nut (E).
4. Install lockwasher (F) bracket (G)
lockwasher (H) on control assembly (A).
5. Using 15/16 inch wrench install nut (J).
6. Install new packing (K) in nut (L).
7. Using a 15/16 inch wrench, install new nut (L).
8. Using an adjustable wrench, install connector
(M) on end of control assembly (A).