DISCONNECTING/CONNECTING PARKING BRAKE FOR POWERPLANT REPLACEMENT TWO PIECE CONTROL -
1. With the shift lever in P (park) position, and the bellcrank (A) in the N (neutral) position, place the inner pushrods
(E) of the control assemblies (C and D) in connected position and hold, while second mechanic manually moves
bellcrank to the P (park) position.
Moving the bellcrank to the P (park) position will close the gap between the control assemblies (C
2. Manually tighten disconnect nut (B).
3. Using adjustable wrench on flats of control
assembly (C) and torque wrench with 7/8 inch
crowfoot, tighten disconnect nut (B) to 35-50 lb-
in (8.9 12.7 N·m).
4. If pin (F) and clip (G) were removed, insert pin
(F) through bellerank (A) and connector (H).
5. Using pliers install clip (G) on pin (F).
END OF TASK