TEST 13 - Does heavy-duty winch operate in both directions?
· Hydraulic system pressure can exceed 3,000 psi (20 684 kPa). A high-pressure hydraulic
system can pierce a body. Ensure engine if OFF prior to disconnecting hydraulic hoses. Failure
to comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
· Never disconnect any high-pressure hydraulic hose, line or component without first dropping
pressure to zero. Failure to comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
· Wear proper eye protection when working with or performing checks on high-pressure hydraulic
systems. Failure to comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
Do not let cable end run into heavy-duty winch while reeling IN, or damage to equipment
1. If removed, install heavy-duty winch hydraulic motor. (WP 0068)
Excessive noise levels are present any time the heavy-duty winch, crane, or retrieval system
is operating. Wear single hearing protection (earplugs or equivalent) while working around
equipment when it is running. Failure to comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
Seek medical aid should you suspect a hearing problem.
2. Start engine (refer to TM 9-2320-279-10).
3. Set PTO ENGAGE switch to ON position. (WP 0015)
All hydraulic tests must be performed with hydraulic oil reservoir at least warm to the touch
and at high idle.
4. Prepare vehicle for heavy-duty winch operation. (WP 0015)