OPERATE HEAVY-DUTY WINCH USING VEHICLE MOUNTED (MANUAL) CONTROLS
PREPARE TO OPERATE HEAVY-DUTY WINCH
· Due to reduced field of vision when using the vehicle mounted (manual) controls, the
remote-control unit should always be used when operating the heavy-duty winch. The
vehicle mounted (manual controls) should only be used as a last resort (remote-control
lost or inoperable). Failure to comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
· Use of vehicle mounted (manual) controls requires an additional safety observer
whenever the heavy-duty winch is being operated. Failure to comply may result in injury
or death to personnel.
· Excessive noise levels are present any time the heavy-duty winch is operating. Wear
single hearing protection (earplugs or equivalent) while working around equipment when
it is running. Failure to comply may result in injury or death to personnel. Seek medical
aid should you suspect a hearing problem.
This procedure is a two soldier task.
1. Start engine.
2. Position tractor vehicle for straight pull and on solid ground so tires have good traction.
3. Set transmission range selector (1) to N (neutral).