Excessive noise levels are present any time the heavy-duty winch, crane, or retrieval system
is operating. Wear single hearing protection (earplugs or equivalent) while working around
equipment when it is running. Failure to comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
Seek medical aid should you suspect a hearing problem.
2. Start engine (refer to TM 9-2320-279-10).
3. Set PTO ENGAGE switch to ON position. (WP 0015)
Winch drum will not move during this test.
4. Have assistant operate heavy-duty winch controls while observing winch motor operation. (WP 0015)
5. Set PTO ENGAGE switch to OFF position. (WP 0015)
6. Shut OFF engine (refer to TM 9-2320-279-10).
Does heavy-duty winch hydraulic motor operate when removed from winch?
No - Replace heavy-duty winch hydraulic motor. (WP 0068)Test 13 - Does heavy-duty winch operate in both
Yes - Replace heavy-duty winch assembly. (WP 0076)Test 13 - Does heavy-duty winch operate in both