7. When the wheel and tire assembly is on the ground, detach the cable and leave
it paved out in readiness for lifting the flat.
b. Secure the flat tire and wheel in the stowed position.
1. Secure the hoist cable to the wheel and tire assembly by inserting the hook
through the opening in the wheel opposite the valve stem, wrapping the cable
around the tire, and attaching the hook to the cable.
2. To raise the wheel and tire assembly, turn the hoist crank clockwise (raise).
You will hear a clicking sound made by the internal ratchet. If you stop turning
the handle or if your hand should slip off the handle, the brake will apply auto-
matically and hold the load.
3. With one person operating the winch and the other guiding the tire, raise the
tire and wheel assembly high enough to clear the lowered carrier side panel.
Keep the tire away from the truck while raising it. Push it toward the center of
the carrier, raise the side panel and secure with the bolt and wing nut. Connect
electrical cable at tractor.
4. After the tire and wheel has been secured, the cable may be slightly loose but
should remain attached to the wheel.
5. Crank handle must be in the 12 oclock or 6 oclock position when not in use
to avoid possible interference with trailer.