15-3. ENGINE MOUNT AND INSULATOR MAINTENANCE
This task covers:
General mechanic's tool kit:
automotive (Appendix B, Item 1)
Maintenance and repair shop equipment:
automotive (Appendix B, Item 2)
· Fuel pump removed (right engine mount only)
Crowfoot, 5/8-in. (Appendix B, Item 138)
· Engine right splash shield removed
(Appendix B, Item 133)
· Engine access cover removed
(Appendix B, Item 134)
Adapter, 3/8-1/2-in. (Appendix B, Item 135)
Engine lifting sling (Appendix B, Item 24)
· Glow plug controller removed
· Air horn support and engine lift bracket removed
Eight locknuts (Appendix A, Item 106)
General Safety Instructions
Two locknuts (Appendix A, Item 85)
Direct all personnel to stand clear during
· Left and right engine mounts are removed basically the same.
· Left and right engine mounts are not interchangeable with each
Remove two locknuts (6) and washers (7) from insulator (8) on engine mount bracket (5). Discard
Loosen nut (9) securing starter (10) to starter support bracket (11).
Remove three capscrews (4) and lockwashers (3) from right engine mount (1) and cylinder block (2).
Remove four locknuts (16), washers (15), and capscrews (13) from two radiator supports (12) and
airlift brackets (14). Discard locknuts (16).