Excessive noise levels are present any time the heavy-duty winch, crane, or retrieval system
is operating. Wear single hearing protection (earplugs or equivalent) while working around
equipment when it is running. Failure to comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
Seek medical aid should you suspect a hearing problem.
3. Start engine (refer to TM 9-2320-279-10).
4. Set PTO ENGAGE switch to ON position. (WP 0015)
5. Prepare vehicle for heavy-duty winch operation. (WP 0015)
6. While assistant operates heavy-duty winch manual IN and OUT controls, observe operation of heavy-duty winch.
7. Set PTO ENGAGE switch to OFF position. (WP 0015)
8. Shut OFF engine (refer to TM 9-2320-279-10).