· Setting the HIGH IDLE switch to ON position enables fast speed in heavy-duty winch.
HIGH IDLE should only be used when normal speed operation is too slow while loading
mired equipment or a semitrailer laden with heavy equipment.
· Due to the increased speed of winch cable payout, it is not recommended that HIGH IDLE
be used to pay out winch cable.
4. Use of HIGH IDLE switch (5) is at the discretion of the operator.
· Heavy-duty winch operator shall ensure all personnel keep hands and feet clear of heavy-
duty winch during operation. Failure to comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
· Keep all personnel clear of area when tension is on winch cable. Winch cable could come
loose or break. Failure to comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
· Always wear protective gloves when handling winch cable. Never let cable run through
hands. Frayed cables can cut severely. Failure to comply may result in injury or death to
· Never operate winch with less than five wraps of cable on winch drum. Failure to comply
may result in injury or death to personnel.
Ensure assistant routes winch cable to avoid snag hazards on tractor vehicle. Failure to
comply may result in damage to equipment.