· Ensure assistant routes winch cable to avoid snag hazards on tractor vehicle and
semitrailer. Failure to comply may result in damage to equipment.
· Ensure tension is kept on winch cable at all times during winch cable retrieval. This
accompanied with guidance from the assistant will ensure the winch cable gets evenly
wrapped onto winch drum.
· Both operator and assistant should ensure that winch cable wraps properly and evenly
onto winch drum. Failure to comply may result in damage to equipment.
5. Push in winch control lever (5) as assistant routes winch cable (2) onto winch drum (6).
6. Once winch cable (2) is completely and evenly wrapped onto winch drum (6), release winch control lever (5).
If high idle was not utilized during winch cable pay out, skip to Step (8).
7. Set HIGH IDLE switch (4) to OFF (as applicable).
8. Assistant connects clevis retention chain (7) to clevis (8).
9. Set PTO ENGAGE switch (9) to OFF position; indicator light (10) will go out.
· The operator should always push in hydraulic selector valve control when use of the
heavy-duty winch is no longer required to ensure the heavy-duty winch won't accidentally
moved during other operations.
· Do not move hydraulic selector valve control while PTO ENGAGE switch is set to ON
position. Failure to comply may result in damage to hydraulic equipment.
10. Push in hydraulic selector valve control (11) for all tractor vehicle operations that do not require use of heavy-