Maintaining a safe distance, visually recheck your rigging once light tension (slack taken out
of winch cable) is applied to winch cable.
4. Push in remote-control unit winch control lever (3) slightly to slowly tighten winch cable (4).
· Setting the HIGH IDLE switch to ON position enables fast speed in heavy-duty winch.
HIGH IDLE should only be used when normal speed operation is too slow while loading
mired equipment or a semitrailer laden with heavy equipment.
· Due to the increased speed of winch cable payout, it is not recommended that HIGH IDLE
be used for loading an empty or lightly laden semitrailer.
5. Use of remote-control unit HIGH IDLE switch (5) is at the discretion of the operator.
· Assistant should be in a position to safely monitor the loading operation and advise the
operator of progress.
· The operator may notice the vehicle mounted (manual) control winch control lever
mimicking the inputs applied to remote-control unit winch control lever. This is a normal
6. Push in remote-control unit winch control lever (3) and load equipment.
Pull remote-control unit winch control lever just enough to allow adequate slack in winch cable
to disconnect from equipment.
7. When equipment is fully loaded, pull remote-control unit winch control lever (3).
If high idle was not utilized during winch cable pay out, skip Step (8).
8. Set remote-control unit HIGH IDLE switch (4) to OFF position (as applicable).
DISCONNECT WINCH CABLE AND STOW
1. Ensure Cable Hold Down control (1) is engaged (pushed in).
2. Disconnect winch cable (2) from equipment.