· Ensure assistant routes winch cable to avoid snag hazards on tractor vehicle and
semitrailer. Failure to comply may result in damage to equipment.
· Both operator and assistant should ensure that winch cable wraps properly and evenly
onto winch drum. Failure to comply may result in damage to equipment.
· The operator may notice the vehicle mounted (manual) control winch control lever
mimicking the inputs applied to remote-control unit winch control lever. This is a normal
· Ensure tension is kept on winch cable at all times during winch cable retrieval. This
accompanied with guidance from the assistant will ensure the winch cable gets evenly
wrapped onto winch drum.
5. Push in winch control lever (5) as assistant routes winch cable (2) onto winch drum (6).
6. Once winch cable (2) is completely and evenly wrapped onto winch drum (6), release remote-control unit winch
control lever (5).
If high idle was not utilized during winch cable pay out, skip to Step (8).
7. Set remote-control unit HIGH IDLE switch (4) to OFF position (as applicable).
8. Assistant connects clevis retention chain (7) to clevis (8).
9. Set PTO ENGAGE switch (9) to OFF position, indicator light (10) will go out.
10. Disconnect remote-control unit cable plug (11) from remote-control unit hookup receptacle (12).