3. Disengage (pull out) Winch KickOut control (3).
· Setting the HIGH IDLE switch to ON position enables fast speed in heavy-duty winch.
HIGH IDLE should only be used when normal speed operation is too slow while loading
mired equipment or a semitrailer laden with heavy equipment.
· Due to the increased speed of winch cable payout, it is not recommended that HIGH IDLE
be used to reel in and stow winch cable.
4. Use of remote-control unit HIGH IDLE switch (4) is at the discretion of the operator.
· Heavy-duty winch operator shall ensure all personnel keep hands and feet clear of heavy-
duty winch during operation. Failure to comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
· Keep all personnel clear of area when tension is on winch cable. Winch cable could come
loose or break. Failure to comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
· Always wear protective gloves when handling winch cable. Never let cable run through
hands. Frayed cables can cut severely. Failure to comply may result in injury or death to
· Never operate winch with less than five wraps of cable on winch drum. Failure to comply
may result in injury or death to personnel.