CONNECT/DISCONNECT M870A3 SEMITRAILER
CONNECT M870A3 SEMITRAILER
· The following are general procedures for connecting the M870A3 semitrailer to a tractor vehicle.
Always refer to TM 5-2330-325-14&P for specific instructions with regard to operating the
semitrailer. Failure to comply may result in damage to equipment.
· Lockouts must be positioned as identified in Table 1. Failure to comply may result in damage
· This procedure is a two soldier task.
· Tractor vehicle is equipped with fifth wheel to accept 3.5 in. (89 mm) kingpin.
· If fifth wheel lockouts are NOT positioned correctly, complete Steps (1) and (2).
· If fifth wheel lockouts are positioned in the correct mode, skip to Step (3).
1. Refer to Table 1 to determine whether lockout assembly lockrings are in correct position.