Repeat Step (3) for opposite side of fifth wheel (5).
Fifth wheel has two lock release handles.
4. Pull out fifth wheel secondary lock release handle (7) completely.
5. Pull out fifth wheel primary lock release handle (8). Hook in out position.
6. Push down rear of fifth wheel (5) until it rests on stop (9) below guide ramps (10).
7. Set transmission range selector (11) to N (neutral).
Dashboard parking brake indicator will illuminate when PARKING BRAKE control is applied.
8. Pull out PARKING BRAKE control (12).
9. Set PTO ENGAGE switch (13) to OFF position, indicator light (14) will go out.
Do not move hydraulic selector valve control while PTO ENGAGE switch is set to ON
position. Failure to comply may result in damage to hydraulic equipment.
10. Push in hydraulic selector valve control (15) for M870A3 semitrailer coupling operations.