· Keep all personnel clear of area when tension is on winch cable. Winch cable could come loose
or break. Failure to comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
· Always wear protective gloves when handling winch cable. Never let cable run through hands.
Frayed cables can cut severely. Failure to comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
· Never operate winch with less than five wraps of cable on winch drum. Failure to comply may
result in injury or death to personnel.
· When uncoupling on soft or rough terrain, tractor vehicle may not roll forward as heavy-duty
winch cable is payed out. It will be necessary to move tractor vehicle forward as assistant pays
out heavy-duty winch cable. Failure to comply may result in damage to equipment.
· Do not pay out too much heavy-duty winch cable before tractor vehicle is moved forward or
semitrailer gooseneck may contact tractor vehicle. Failure to comply may result in damage to
15. Ensure proper tractor vehicle position while slowly paying out heavy-duty winch cable (10). Assistant checks
clearance between tractor vehicle (20) and semitrailer (21).
Continue Step (15) as semitrailer landing pads touch ground, and until semitrailer
gooseneck fully extends and rests on ground.
16. Verify semitrailer (21) is in full contact with ground.
Dashboard parking brake indicator will illuminate when PARKING BRAKE control is applied.
17. Pull out PARKING BRAKE control (2).