REPLACEMENT OF ONE PIECE CONTROL ASSEMBLY WITH TWO PIECE - Continued
Pad 7970352 and boss 8689413 must be correctly located and welded in place. The pad locates
the front control assembly to the right hull wall. The boss locates the rear control assembly on
top of the transmission support bracket.
1. Using rags and solvent, clean the general area of new wall.
2. Using tape measure forward in vehicle from point (A) 29 + 1/4 inches. Lay tape measure against hull wall from
point (A). Following contour of hull wall, scribe a vertical line 29 + 1/4 inches forward from point (A).
3. Measure from point (B) at top edge of hull wall. Measure down 13 + 1/4 inches from top edge.
4. Scribe a horizontal line where point (B) intersects the vertical line.
5. Using hammer and punch, centerpunch at intersect point of lines.