REPLACEMENT OF ONE PIECE CONTROL ASSEMBLY WITH TWO PIECE - Continued
When the pad and boss have been properly located, weld in position according to specification
MIL-W-46086, method 1. Welding will be in accordance with the general procedures of TM 9-237.
All welded areas will be cleaned in accordance with procedures contained in FMS-20. MIL-E-
1803X austenitic electrodes will be used for these procedures.
11. Hold pad 7970352 against hull wall at intersect point with pliers.
12. Apply tack welds around pad at hull wall.
13. Complete welding around entire pad diameter.
14. Hold boss 8689413 on shifting control bracket at intersect point with pliers.
15. Apply tack welds around boss.
16. Complete welding around entire boss diameter.
17. When welding is completed and areas have cooled, prime and paint welded areas in accordance with procedures
contained in FMS-20.