8. Set PTO ENGAGE switch to OFF position. (WP 0015)
9. Shut OFF engine (refer to TM 9-2320-279-10).
Is 2,850 psi (19 650 kPa) measured at heavy-duty winch motor?
No - Replace hydraulic pump. (refer to TM 9-2320-315-14&P)Test 3 - Does winch pull load?
Yes - Test 3 - Does winch pull load?
TEST 3 - Does winch pull load?
· Hydraulic system pressure can exceed 3,000 psi (20 684 kPa). A high-pressure hydraulic
system can pierce a body. Ensure engine if OFF prior to disconnecting hydraulic hoses. Failure
to comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
· Never disconnect any high-pressure hydraulic hose, line or component without first dropping
pressure to zero. Failure to comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
· Wear proper eye protection when working with or performing checks on high-pressure hydraulic
systems. Failure to comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
Do not let cable end run into heavy-duty winch while reeling IN, or damage to equipment
1. Remove hydraulic flow tester inlet hose from hydraulic hose 2901.