1. Start engine (refer to TM 9-2320-279-10).
2. Set PTO ENGAGE switch to ON position. (WP 0015)
· All hydraulic tests must be performed with hydraulic oil reservoir at least warm to the touch and
at high idle.
· Winch is bypassed for this test, and cable will not pay out or reel in.
· When performing test, winch control valve must be fully engaged or test readings will be faulty.
· Relief pressure is obtained when flow reading drops off and pressure reading on gauge does
not increase further.
3. Set heavy-duty winch control station HIGH IDLE ON/OFF switch to ON position. (WP 0015)
4. Have assistant operate heavy-duty winch IN manual control, while closing off load valve on hydraulic flow tester
5. Note reading on pressure gauge.
6. Have assistant release winch control.
7. Set heavy-duty winch control station HIGH IDLE ON/OFF switch to OFF position. (WP 0015)