DDEC II SYSTEM (Contd
3. Using the PRO-LINK 9000
(Printer is optional)
Proper use of this reader is described In the Instruction manual supplied. This device is infinitely more useful in reading
fault codes and diagnosing engine electronic faults than the Check Engine Light code process.
C. CLEARING CODES
Reader (DDR). Refer to Mode 40 of the DDR Instruction Manual for details.
This can only be done using the Diagnostic Data
Note that removing the battery cables will not cl ear codes.
D. EEPROM REPROGRAMMING
The Dlagnostlc Data Reader is equipped with
capabilities to reprogram part of the engine calibration in the ECM.
Specifically. the following calibration changes can be made using the DDR:
1. Change DDR. EEPROM password
2. Add/Delete 5 minute idle shutdown
3. Change droop
4. Set the initial speed if cruise control swi
tches are used as a power take-off option
5. Set PTO droop
6. Enable/Disable cruise control
7. Add/Delete a vehicle speed sensor
8. Change road speed limit
9 Change cruise control speed limit
10. Add/Delete engine shutdown feature