TESTING THE DDEC II SYSTEM (Contd.)
D. EEPROM REPROGRAMMING (CONTD.)
With the release of PRO-LINK 9000 Cartridge Model 203, new reprogramming features are available. The calibration
changes that can be made with this cartridge include all of those listed above plus the following enhancements and
1. Set idle shutdown timer to any whole number value between 3 and 100 minutes
2. Enable/Disable idle shutdown on PTO governor.
3. Enable/Disable shutdown override feature.
4. Enable/Disable cruise switch PTO.
5. Set maximum as well as minimum PTO speed.
6. Enable/Disable idle shutdown. throttle inhibit. and auxiliary power control
For more information on how to change these features. refer to the DDR Instruction Manual.
E. CONNECTOR CHECKOUT
All system connections are environmentally protected. These new connectors protect the terminations from the harsh
corrosive engine compartment environment, This is important since most system signals are low voltage and corrosion
could make them inoperative.
Before repairing or replacing any system component (i.e. harness. sensor. ECM etc. ) as indicated by the diagnostic
charts. you should
1. Disconnect the appropriate connector(s) associated with the suspected defective component and check for bent,
broken. or dirty terminals or mating tabs. Clean. straighten. or replace as required
2. If a problem was found. reconnect all connectors previously disconnected then recheck the system to see if the
problem has been corrected
NOTE: Don-t probe the back of a connector or pierce the DDEC II wrong for purposes of taking measurements. This can
cause intermfttent faults or system failures and may affect the DDEC II warranty