SAE J1587 EQUIVALENT CODE FOR FLASH CODE 22
22.2 SAE J1587 EQUIVALENT CODE FOR FLASH CODE 22
The SAE J1587 equivalent code for Flash Code 22 is p 091 4, Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
General Throttle Information (Limiting Speed Governor)
The correct TPS counts for DDEC III engines at idle should be 64 - 205 counts.
1. Typical DDEC III foot pedals today, at idle, provide 102 - 205 counts.
2. DDEC II foot pedals can be used on DDEC III engines. The counts from the DDEC II
style pedal may go as low as 64 counts at idle, but this is still acceptable.
3. The DDEC system will log a TPS low volt code (PID 091, FMI 4, Flash Code 22) if the
TPS counts go below 48.
4. The DDEC system will log a TPS high volt code (PID 091, FMI 3, Flash Code 21) if the
TPS counts go above 968 counts.
5. In order to go from 0% to 100% throttle, the counts have to increase 546 above the idle
count, or 100 counts, whichever is greater.
6. If an idle validation switch (IVS) is configured, to go from 0% to 100% throttle, the
counts have to increase 546 above the counts at which the IVS opens or 100 counts,
whichever is greater.
7. If 0% throttle is attained with the foot off the pedal, and if 100% throttle is attained
with the pedal to the floor, then the pedal should not be considered a factor for low
All information subject to change without notice.
6SE497 9709 Copyright © 1997 DETROIT DIESEL CORPORATION