TROUBLESHOOTING FLASH CODE 22
[b] If code 91/3 and any other codes are logged, refer to section 22.3.4.
Throttle Position Sensor
Check Throttle Position Sensor Adjustment
Perform the following steps to check the TPS adjustment:
1. Remove jumper and reconnect TPS.
2. Hook DDR to the DDL connector and select TPS - Counts.
3. Read Throttle Counts at both no throttle and full throttle positions. Take several readings.
[a] If at any time counts go lower than 49 counts, refer to section 22.3.5.
[b] If counts never go lower than 49 counts, refer to section 22.3.6.
Attempt Throttle Position Sensor Adjustment
Perform the following steps to attempt a TPS adjustment:
1. Check for pedal or linkage interferences.
2. Loosen the TPS screws and attempt to adjust for the correct throttle reading (normal range
- 64-205 counts). Do not attempt to adjust by bending the pedal mechanism.
3. Recheck counts at idle and at full throttle.
[a] If the throttle count has been corrected, refer to section 22.3.15.
[b] If the problem could not be corrected, refer to section 22.3.6.
All information subject to change without notice.
6SE497 9709 Copyright © 1997 DETROIT DIESEL CORPORATION