11.3 TROUBLESHOOTING FLASH CODE 11
The following procedure will troubleshoot Flash Code 11.
Multiple Code Check
Perform the following steps to check for multiple codes.
1. Turn vehicle ignition switch ON.
2. Plug in DDR.
3. Read active codes.
[a] If code 187/4 is logged and there are no VSG controls used, call DDC with the engine
serial number to determine if re-calibration is necessary.
[b] If code 187/4 was logged and there are VSG controls used primarily,
refer to section 11.3.2.
[c] If flash codes 100/4 and 91/4 were logged, refer to section 91.2.
Sensor Wiring Check
Perform the following steps to check the sensor and wiring:
1. Turn ignition OFF.
2. Disconnect VSG throttle sensor connector.
3. Install a jumper wire between sockets B (#510 signal) and C (5V-#916) of the VSG
harness connector. See Figure 11-1.
Cavities of throttle controls may vary depending on the OEM.
4. Turn ignition ON.
5. Enable VSG throttle. Refer to OEM guidelines.
6. Read DDR for active codes.
[a] If active code 187/3 and any other codes are logged, refer to section 11.3.3.
All information subject to change without notice.
6SE497 9709 Copyright © 1997 DETROIT DIESEL CORPORATION