OPTIMIZED IDLE FEATURE DOES NOT FUNCTION
10.14.11 Verify Repairs
Perform the following steps to verify repairs:
1. Turn ignition OFF.
2. Reconnect all connectors.
3. Close the hood; set the park brake; put the transmission in NEUTRAL and the high-range,
4. Start the engine.
5. Turn the cruise master switch to the ON position. If it was on before the vehicle started,
turn the switch to OFF and then to ON.
6. Wait for the engine to shut down. After the idle timer expires, the engine will either
shutdown or continue to run to charge the battery or keep the oil temperature between
C) and 104
7. Turn the thermostat on, if installed. Change the set point and heating/cooling mode until
the thermostat requires the engine to start. The icons will flash. If the thermostat is not
installed, wait for the lube oil temperature to fall below 60
8. The alarm will sound and the engine will start. Vehicle power (blower fans) will turn on
approximately 30 seconds after the engine starts, due to the thermostat.
[a] If Optimized Idle operates properly, troubleshooting is complete.
[b] If Optimized Idle does not operate properly, troubleshooting is complete. Review this
section from the first step to find the error. Refer to section 10.14.1.
All information subject to change without notice.
6SE497 9709 Copyright © 1997 DETROIT DIESEL CORPORATION