· DO NOT smoke or permit any open flame in area of truck while you
are servicing diesel fuel system. Be sure hose nozzle is grounded
against filler tube during refueling to prevent static electricity.
Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel or
· Auxiliary arctic heater, if equipped, must be switched to OFF while
· Place portable fire extinguisher within reach prior to refueling.
· Fuel tank cap may become hot during vehicle operation. Use hand
protection when removing fuel cap.
· DO NOT overfill fuel tank.
· If fuel starts foaming from fuel tank, stop immediately to avoid fuel
· Failure to follow these warnings could result in injury or death to
Shut down engine (paragraph 2-16).
Ensure that auxiliary arctic heater, if equipped, is switched to OFF (paragraph
Wipe off dirt on and around fuel filler cap (1).
Remove filler cap (1) by rotating cap counterclockwise.
Fill tank (2) to holes [approximately 3 in. (7.6 cm)] in filler neck.
Install filler cap (1) by rotating cap clockwise as far as it will go.