SLAVE START TRUCK.
· When slave starting truck, use NATO slave cable that DOES NOT
have loose or missing insulation.
· DO NOT proceed if suitable cable is not available.
· DO NOT use civilian-type jumper cables.
· If dead truck's engine does not start within 30 seconds, release
engine start button. Wait three to five minutes before repeating
procedure to prevent overheating the starter and damaging batteries
of live vehicle. If engine does not start after several attempts, Unit
Maintenance must perform additional maintenance.
· Under no circumstances can the truck be started by being towed or
pushed. Failure to follow this caution will cause damage to
· Before slave starting, ensure that checks have been made to
determine whether problem is low or dead battery.
· If vehicle other than another M915A4 is used to slave start truck, refer
to Operator's Manual for that vehicle for any special slave starting
Normal Slave Starting.
Connect NATO slave cable to receptacle (1) on dead vehicle.
Connect other end of NATO slave cable to receptacle on live vehicle.
Start engine of live vehicle and run at 1000 rpm for 15-20 minutes. Stop
engine and remove NATO slave cable from receptacle.
Start engine of dead vehicle (paragraph 2-12). If engine will not start,
notify Unit Maintenance.