OPERATE SLIDING FIFTH WHEEL.
· The M915A4 is designed to be used with M871, M872, and M1062
semitrailers only. Other semitrailers may cause equipment damage.
· Semitrailer must be blocked and semitrailer brakes locked to prevent
damage to tractor or semitrailer by uncontrolled sliding of fifth wheel.
· If towing M872 semitrailer, rear mud flaps must be removed and
stowed in brackets provided. Failure to do so will cause equipment
· Truck tractors have the capability to turn greater than 90°. Care must
be taken to avoid hitting semitrailer with tractor when turning more
· Operator must use caution when cresting hills which ca use the truck
tractor to have a nose down angle greater than 4° with respect to
towed semitrailer. Damage to vehicle or loss of control could occur.
Lock trailer brakes and/or chock trailer wheels.
Place fifth wheel slide control valve lever (5) in UNLOCK position to release two
slide locking plungers (3). Ensure that plungers release.
Drive tractor slowly forward or backward to position fifth wheel.
After sliding to desired position, engage two slide locking plungers (3) by placing
fifth wheel slide control valve lever (5) in LOCK position.