W T E C I I I E L E C T R O N I C C O N T R O L S T R O U B L E S H O O T I N G M A N U A L
7. If codes 4523 and 4526 occur repeatedly and solenoids and wiring check okay, the H and N-Hi
driver may be failed open. Follow Step (5) above.
8. If the open is not found in either the transmission or the harness or the ECU drivers, the condition
must be intermittent.
9. Drain the fluid, remove the control module, and closely inspect the solenoid and internal harness
for damage. Repair or replace as necessary.
10. If the condition recurs, use a spare wire, if available, or provide a new wire (St. Clair P/N 200153
may be used for this purpose) for the solenoid circuit indicated by the diagnostic code.
11. If the condition persists, replace the ECU. If replacing the ECU corrects the problem, reinstall the
original (bad) ECU to confirm that the problem is in the ECU. If the original ECU now works,
inspect the ECU connectors for any corrosion or damage which may cause an intermittent
condition. If the original problem recurs, reinstall the replacement ECU.
CODE 45 XX OPEN CONDITION IN SOLENOID CIRCUIT (Figure 519)