W T E C I I I E L E C T R O N I C C O N T R O L S T R O U B L E S H O O T I N G M A N U A L
Main code 34 indicates there is a problem with the calibration.
Active Indicator Clearing Procedure:
Copying the current calibration from the ECU and reloading it will not correct the fault. The
calibration must be downloaded directly from PCCS.
1. If the code set is 34 14 and it occurs in conjunction with code 35 00, proceed to find the cause for
code 35 00 and correct it.
2. After the cause for code 35 00 has been corrected, drive the vehicle to see if code 34 14 recurs. If
code 34 14 recurs, proceed to Step (3).
3. Reprogram the correct calibration. Contact your nearest Allison distributor/dealer location quali-
fied to do recalibration. Be certain the calibration and the software level are compatible.
4. If the code recurs after reprogramming, replace the ECU.
5. If the code set is 34 17, reprogram the GPI/GPO package after re-calibration of the ECU.
Factory calibration compatibility number wrong
Factory calibration checksum
Power off block checksum
Diagnostic queue block checksum
Real-time block checksum
Customer modifiable constants checksum
CODE 34 XX CALIBRATION COMPATIBILITY OR CHECKSUM FAULT