TROUBLESHOOTING ENGINE SENSOR HARNESS
[b] If either resistance measurement is less than or equal to 1,000 , a short exists
between sockets where reading was taken. Repair the short and refer to section 90.2.7.
Perform the following steps to verify repairs.
1. Turn vehicle ignition switch OFF.
2. Reconnect all connectors.
3. Reconnect fuses (or circuit breakers) if previously disconnected.
4. Turn ignition ON.
5. Clear codes.
6. If Check Engine Light (CEL) does not stay on, start engine and run for one minute
7. Stop engine.
8. Read inactive codes with the DDR.
[a] If no codes are logged, troubleshooting is complete.
[b] If codes that brought you to this section are still logged, all system diagnostics
are complete. Review this section from the first step to find the error.
Refer to section 90.2.1.
[c] If codes except those which brought you to this section are logged, refer to section 9.1.
All information subject to change without notice.
6SE497 9709 Copyright © 1997 DETROIT DIESEL CORPORATION