[b] If the harness is correct, refer to section 63.3.8.
Measure Resistance Between Connector and the Electronic Control
Perform the following steps to measure resistance between the connector and the ECM case:
1. Turn the vehicle ignition to the OFF position.
2. Ensure connector is installed on the engine harness side or vehicle harness side.
3. Disconnect the PWM wire associated with the code logged at the component.
4. Measure the resistance between the removed connector and the ECM case.
[a] If the resistance measurement is between 46,000 and 48,000 , verify the pin
assignment with wiring - view with DDR. Refer to section 63.3.9.
[b] If the resistance measurement is not between 46,000 and 48,000 , the wire is open or
shorted to battery. Repair or replace the wire. Verify repairs. Refer to section 63.3.9.
Perform the following steps to verify repairs for Flash Code 63. To check Optimized Idle, refer
to Optimized Idle Manual 6SE518.
1. Reconnect all connectors.
2. Clear all codes from the DDR.
3. Plug in the DDR.
4. Turn vehicle ignition switch to the ON position.
[a] If Flash Code 63 was not logged, no further troubleshooting is required.
[b] If Flash Code 63 was logged, please review this section from the first step to find the
error. Refer to section 63.3.1.
All information subject to change without notice.
6SE497 9709 Copyright © 1997 DETROIT DIESEL CORPORATION