2. Connect the engine sensor harness or vehicle interface harness (connector with output
3. Disconnect the output wire associated with the code logged at the component.
4. Measure the resistance between the removed connector and the ECM case.
[a] If the reading is 47,000
(± 3,000 ), contact Detroit Diesel Technical Service.
[b] If the reading is less than 44,000
or greater than 50,000 , this wire is shorted to
the battery or open. Repair or replace this wire. Refer to section 62.3.6.
Perform the following steps to verify repairs.
1. Reconnect all connectors.
2. Plug DDR into the connector.
3. Clear all codes.
4. Start and run the engine.
[a] If the output code returns, refer to section 62.3.1.
[b] If the output code does not return, troubleshooting is complete.
All information subject to change without notice.
6SE497 9709 Copyright © 1997 DETROIT DIESEL CORPORATION