TROUBLESHOOTING FLASH CODE 54
[b] If the terminals and connectors are damaged, repair them. Refer to section 54.3.13.
ECM Vehicle Harness Connector
54.3.11 Vehicle Speed Mechanical Checks
Perform the following vehicle speed mechanical checks.
1. Check for plugged fuel filters.
2. Check if any metal or debris is lodged between the VSS and the pulse wheel.
3. Check if the sensor is loose.
4. Ensure the VSS pulse wheel is in fixed position relative to magnetic pickup.
5. Check for proper air gap between magnetic pickup and pulse wheel.
[a] If all mechanical checks are okay, contact Detroit Diesel Technical Service for review
if anti-tamper = yes.
[b] If all mechanical checks are not okay, repair the mechanical failure.
Refer to section 54.3.13.
54.3.12 Check for Short to Ground
Perform the following steps to check for short to ground.
1. Turn ignition OFF.
2. Disconnect the ECM vehicle harness connector.
3. Measure resistance between sockets E2 and a good ground. See Figure 54-6.
All information subject to change without notice.
6SE497 9709 Copyright © 1997 DETROIT DIESEL CORPORATION