41.3 TROUBLESHOOTING FLASH CODE 41
The following procedure will troubleshoot Flash Code 41.
Check for Signal Open
Perform the following steps to check for signal open.
1. Turn ignition OFF.
2. Disconnect engine harness connector at the ECM. See Figure 41-2.
3. Read resistance between sockets T1 and T2 on the engine harness connector.
[a] If the resistance reading is less than or equal to 200 , refer to section 41.3.2.
[b] If the resistance reading is greater than 200
or open, refer to section 41.3.3.
Engine Harness Connector
Check for Short
Perform the following steps to check for a short.
1. Disconnect the TRS connector.
2. Measure resistance between sockets T1 and T2 on the engine harness connector.
See Figure 41-3.
3. Measure resistance between socket T1 and ground, and between socket T2 and ground.
[a] If the resistance measurement is greater than 10,000
or open, refer to section 41.3.4.
All information subject to change without notice.
6SE497 9709 Copyright © 1997 DETROIT DIESEL CORPORATION