TROUBLESHOOTING FLASH CODE 37
[b] If active code 94/4 and any other codes except 94/3 were logged,
refer to section 37.3.3.
Engine Harness Connector to Fuel Pressure Sensor
Return Circuit Check
Perform the following steps to check the return circuit.
1. Turn vehicle ignition OFF.
2. Disconnect the engine harness connector at the ECM.
3. Install a jumper wire between pins A and B of the FPS harness connector.
4. Measure resistance between sockets M1 and Y2 on the engine harness connectors.
[a] If resistance measurement is less than or equal to 5 , refer to section 37.3.4.
[b] If resistance measurement is greater than 5 , or open, the return line (#452) is open.
Repair the open and refer to section 37.3.9.
Check Fuel Pressure Sensor Connectors
Perform the following steps to check the FPS connectors.
1. Inspect terminals at the FPS connectors (both the sensor and harness side) for damage:
bent, corroded, and unseated pins or sockets.
[a] If the terminals and connectors are damaged, repair them and refer to section 37.3.9.
All information subject to change without notice.
6SE497 9709 Copyright © 1997 DETROIT DIESEL CORPORATION