35.3 TROUBLESHOOTING FLASH CODE 35
The following procedure will troubleshoot Flash Code 35.
Multiple Code Check
Perform the following steps to check for multiple codes.
1. Turn vehicle ignition switch ON.
2. Plug the diagnostic data reader (DDR) into the diagnostic data link (DDL).
3. Turn vehicle ignition to OFF.
4. Read active codes.
[a] If code 100/3 and no other codes were logged, refer to section 35.3.2.
[b] If code 100/3 and any of the following codes were logged: 73/3 or 4, 94/3 or 4, 100/4,
101/3 or 4, 102/3 or 4, 110/3 or 4, 174/3 or 4, 175/3 or 4, refer to section 90.1.
Perform the following steps to check the sensor.
1. Turn ignition switch OFF.
2. Disconnect OPS connector.
3. Turn ignition ON.
4. Start and run the engine.
5. Select engine temperature (COOLANT TEMP or OIL TEMP) on the DDR.
6. Warm up engine until engine temperature reading is greater than 60
7. After warm-up, let engine run at idle.
8. Read active codes.
[a] If active code 100/3 and any other codes were logged, refer to section 35.3.5.
[b] If code 100/4 and any other codes except 100/3 were logged, refer to section 35.3.3.
Return Circuit Check
Perform the following steps to check the return circuit.
1. Turn vehicle ignition OFF.
2. Disconnect the engine harness connector at the ECM.
3. Install a jumper wire between pin A and pin B of the OPS harness connector.
See Figure 35-2.
4. Measure resistance between sockets P2 and Y2 on the engine harness connector.
All information subject to change without notice.
6SE497 9709 Copyright © 1997 DETROIT DIESEL CORPORATION