TROUBLESHOOTING FLASH CODE 34
3. Also measure resistance between socket B and a good ground.
[a] If measured resistance between socket B and a good ground is greater than 100 , or
open, refer to section 34.3.7.
[b] If measured resistance between socket B and a good ground is less than 100
, the signal line (#432) is shorted to the battery ground. Repair the short and
refer to section 34.3.11.
Check ECM Connectors
Perform the following steps to check the ECM connectors.
1. Check terminals at the ECM harness connector (both ECM and harness side) for damage:
bent, corroded, and unseated pins or sockets. See Figure 34-4.
[a] If terminals and connectors are damaged, repair them and refer to section 34.3.11.
[b] If terminals and connectors are not damaged, install a test ECM.
Refer to section 34.3.11.
Engine Harness Connector to Turbo Boost Sensor
Check for Open +5 Volt Line
Perform the following steps to check for open +5 volt line.
1. Turn vehicle ignition OFF.
2. Disconnect the engine harness connectors at the ECM.
3. Install a jumper wire between pins A and C of the TBS harness connector. See Figure 34-5.
All information subject to change without notice.
6SE497 9709 Copyright © 1997 DETROIT DIESEL CORPORATION