32.3 TROUBLESHOOTING FLASH CODE 32
The following procedure will troubleshoot Flash Code 32.
Determine Failure Mode Identifier (3 or 4)
Perform the following steps to determine FMI.
1. Turn ignition ON.
2. Plug in diagnostic data reader (DDR) into the diagnostic data link (DDL).
3. Read codes.
[a] If code 238/4 or 239/4 is logged, reprogram the ECM. Refer to section 32.3.3.
[b] If code 238/3 or 239/3 is logged, refer to section 32.3.2.
Check for Short to Battery
Perform the following steps to determine failure.
1. Turn vehicle ignition OFF.
2. Disconnect vehicle harness connector.
3. Turn ignition ON.
4. Remove CEL bulb and SEL bulb.
5. Measure voltage between B2 (#509) and a good ground. See Figure 32-1.
ECM Vehicle Harness Connector
All information subject to change without notice.
6SE497 9709 Copyright © 1997 DETROIT DIESEL CORPORATION