TROUBLESHOOTING FLASH CODE 21
[b] If the resistance measurement is greater than 5 , and the return line #952 is open,
repair the open and refer to section 21.3.10.
Throttle Position Sensor
Check Throttle Position Sensor Adjustment
Perform the following steps to check for TPS adjustment.
1. Reconnect vehicle harness connector and plug in the TPS.
2. Hook up DDR to the DDL connector and select Throttle Sensor Display.
3. Measure Throttle Counts at both no throttle and full throttle. Take several readings.
[a] If TPS counts are ever greater than 968 counts, refer to section 21.3.5.
[b] If TPS counts stay less than 968 counts, refer to section 21.3.6.
Throttle Position Sensor Adjustment
Perform the following steps to attempt TPS adjustment.
1. Check for pedal or linkage interferences.
2. Loosen the TPS screws and attempt to adjust for the correct throttle reading (64 - 205
counts). Do not attempt to adjust by bending the pedal mechanism.
3. Recheck counts at idle and at full throttle.
[a] If the throttle counts are not correct, refer to section 21.3.6.
[b] If the throttle counts are now correct, refer to section 21.3.10.
All information subject to change without notice.
6SE497 9709 Copyright © 1997 DETROIT DIESEL CORPORATION