Check for Open
Perform the following steps to check for open.
1. Turn ignition OFF. Disconnect engine sensor harness.
2. Place a jumper wire between cavity F and D of the throttle actuator connector.
3. Measure resistance between R1 (#907) and Y2 (#452).
[a] If the measured resistance is greater than 1,000 , the return line (#452) is open.
Repair the open and refer to section 17.3.6.
[b] If the measured resistance is less than 1,000 , refer to section 17.3.2.
Perform the following steps to verify repairs.
1. Plug in all connectors.
2. Clear the codes.
3. Start and run the engine.
4. Operate at idle and rated speed.
5. Turn ignition OFF.
6. Plug in DDR and read the codes.
[a] If no codes are logged, troubleshooting is complete.
[b] If any codes are logged, review this section to find the error. Then, contact Detroit
Diesel Technical Services.
All information subject to change without notice.
6SE497 9709 Copyright © 1997 DETROIT DIESEL CORPORATION