14.3 TROUBLESHOOTING FLASH CODE 14
The following procedure will troubleshoot Flash Code 14.
Perform the following steps to check for codes.
1. Turn vehicle ignition ON.
2. Plug in diagnostic data reader (DDR) and determine which code is logged.
[a] If codes PID 110-FMI 3 is logged, refer to section 14.3.2.
[b] If codes PID 175-FMI 3 is logged, refer to section 14.3.3.
Coolant Temperature Sensor Check
Perform the following steps to check the coolant temperature sensor (CTS).
1. Turn vehicle ignition OFF.
2. Disconnect CTS and install a jumper between the CTS connector sockets A and B.
See Figure 14-2.
3. Turn vehicle ignition ON.
4. Read active codes.
[a] If code 110/4 or any other codes except 110/3 are logged, refer to section 14.3.8.
All information subject to change without notice.
6SE497 9709 Copyright © 1997 DETROIT DIESEL CORPORATION