3. Operate switch. Enable the feature.
4. Measure the resistance between the input cavity affected and the battery ground.
[a] If the measured resistance is greater than 10,000 , the input wire or ground
wire is open, or the switch is bad. Repair the open or replace the switch.
Refer to section 10.11.4.
[b] If the measured resistance is less than 10,000 , refer to section 10.11.3.
10.11.3 Review the Operation of the Feature
Perform the following steps to check the operation of the feature:
1. The step that led you here indicates the input, wire, and switch, are operating correctly.
Review the intended operation of the feature to determine if any other conditions need to
be met for the feature to operate. (e.g. appropriate Application and Installation manual for
the engine). Refer to section 2.4, for a list of related troubleshooting publications.
2. To verify the repairs to the feature, refer to section 10.11.4.
10.11.4 Verify Repairs
Perform the following steps to verify repairs.
1. Hook up all connectors that were previously removed.
2. Operate the engine or vehicle.
3. Activate the feature.
[a] If the input feature operates correctly, troubleshooting is complete.
[b] If the input feature is not operating, contact Detroit Diesel Technical Service.
All information subject to change without notice.
6SE497 9709 Copyright © 1997 DETROIT DIESEL CORPORATION