CRUISE CONTROL INOPERATIVE
10.7 CRUISE CONTROL INOPERATIVE
Before using this procedure, all basic mechanical checks and physical inspections should have
been performed with no problem found. Also the diagnosis of the DDEC system in Section 9
referred you to this section.
Determine Type of Cruise Control System
Perform the following to determine the type of cruise control system:
1. Check that this is a DDEC cruise control system.
2. Turn ignition ON.
3. Plug DDR into DDL connector.
4. Select calibration configuration (cruise control).
5. Is cruise control enabled?
[a] If cruise control is enabled, refer to section 10.7.3.
[b] If cruise is not enabled, refer to DDEC III Installation and Application manual,
7SA800, for requirements of installing cruise control.
Check ECM Connectors
Perform the following to check the ECM connectors:
1. Disconnect the vehicle harness connector at the ECM.
2. Check the terminals at the ECM vehicle harness connector (both ECM and harness side)
for damaged, corroded, or unseated pin or sockets.
[a] If terminals and connectors are not damaged, reprogram the ECM.
Refer to section 10.7.16.
[b] If the terminals or connectors are damaged, repair them. Refer to section 10.7.16.
Check Pin Assignments
Perform the following to check pin assignments:
1. Turn ignition ON.
2. Plug in the DDR.
3. Select calibration configuration (ECM Ins/Outs).
4. Write/print pin assignments.
All information subject to change without notice.
6SE497 9709 Copyright © 1997 DETROIT DIESEL CORPORATION