[b] If the fuse or circuit breaker are not okay, refer to section 10.2.8.
5-Way ECM Power Harness Connector
10.2.24 Check Battery
Perform the following steps to check the battery:
1. Disconnect the battery cables at the battery.
2. Measure voltage at the battery (+) terminal (red lead) to the battery (-) terminal (black
[a] If the voltage measurement is less than 11.5 volts, service the discharged battery.
Refer to section 10.2.27.
[b] If the voltage measurement is greater than or equal to 11.5 volts, an open or short to
ground exists in unfused ignition line. Repair the open. Refer to section 10.2.27.
10.2.25 Check for Blown Fuses
Perform the following steps to check for blown fuses:
1. Turn ignition OFF.
2. Disconnect the 5-way power harness connector at the ECM.
3. Replace blown fuse(s) or reset the circuit breaker(s).
4. Wait ten seconds.
5. Check whether fuse(s) or circuit breaker(s) have blown or opened up again.
All information subject to change without notice.
6SE497 9709 Copyright © 1997 DETROIT DIESEL CORPORATION