1. Position the cable through the seal and correct cavity of the connector. See Figure 8-1.
Inserting Wire in Connector
2. Strip the end of the cable using wire strippers to leave 5.0 ± 0.5 mm (0.2 ± 0.02 in.)
of bare conductor.
3. Squeeze the handles of the crimping tool together firmly to cause the jaws to automatically
4. Hold the "wire side" facing you.
5. Push the terminal holder to the open position and insert the terminal until the wire
attaching portion of the terminal rests on the 20-22 anvil. Be sure the wire core wings and
All information subject to change without notice.
6SE497 9709 Copyright © 1997 DETROIT DIESEL CORPORATION