DDEC ECM SOFTWARE FEATURES
Function lockout (4.00 or higher ECM software function)
Injector calibration (Only the DDR will change this password)
Changing Passwords Using the Diagnostic Data Reader
DDR software level must be 2.00 or higher.
1. In the event a customer loses or forgets his/her password, contact a Detroit Diesel Regional
Office, or the Detroit Diesel Technical Service Department with the engine serial number.
These contacts can provide an alternate (backdoor) password. You should also ensure that
there is not any "maximum" or "rating" security enabled on the mainframe for that unit.
2. Using the DDR select the Password Change option in the area that you need to change.
Password changing for Customer Password can be found in the "ENGINE" section, under
"Calibration Change". Changing the password for engine rating and function lockout is
found under their respective headings under the "Reprogram Cal" menu. Changing the
injector password is found in the "ENGINE" section, under "Fuel Injector Information".
3. Enter the alternate password as the current password. The alternate password is a six
character alpha numeric code. Enter alpha characters with the DDR by using the up or
down arrow keys, that scroll you through the alphabet. Use the side arrow keys to move
the cursor to the next position, or to back up to correct an entry.
4. Once all six positions are filled press the enter key.
5. Enter the new password you wish to enter (maximum four positions). Press enter.
6. Depending on the area you are changing, you will get a message that the password is
successfully changed, or prompt you to confirm that this is what you really want to do.
7. Turn the ignition off, unplug the DDR.
Pressure Governor System (Fire Truck)
The pressure governor system allows the engine speed to fluctuate to maintain a steady water
pump outlet pressure.
This system can be set on the mainframe only (Fire Truck Applications 6N4C change).
The system requires the mainframe to be set to enable the feature. A pressure transducer is
The same transducer is used for DDEC II systems and III systems.
Control of the system can be done with switches/Mastermind for DDEC II systems or with
Switches/Mastermind or Electronic Fire Commander (EFC) for DDEC III systems. Basic
operation is the same for all systems.
The mastermind part number differs for DDEC II systems vs. DDEC III systems.
All information subject to change without notice.
6SE497 9709 Copyright © 1997 DETROIT DIESEL CORPORATION