The following items must be read and thoroughly understood before using this manual.
1. The engine and ignition should always be off before the harness connectors are
disconnected or reconnected.
2. When disconnecting harness connectors, ensure the pulling force is applied to the
connectors themselves and not the wires extending from them.
To avoid damage to the harness connectors, ensure the
pulling force is applied to the connections themselves and
not the wires extending from them.
3. After harness connectors are reconnected to the DDEC system, the codes logged should
be ignored and cleared.
4. In most all areas of repair/troubleshooting, a DDR will be required.
5. In diagnosing an intermittent problem, wiggling wires or harnesses may allow the fault to
be repeated. This may allow a technician to better isolate the problem area.
All information subject to change without notice.
6SE497 9709 Copyright © 1997 DETROIT DIESEL CORPORATION