3-217. STEERING ARM MAINTENANCE (Continued).
1. Perform front axle toe-in/toe-out check. (See TM 9-2320-283-20).
2. Chock rear wheels.
3. Set parking brakes and break loose front wheel lug nuts.
4. Lift front of vehicle off ground and secure with floor jacks.
5. Remove both front wheels. See TM 9-2320-283-10).
6. Turn steering wheel fully left.
Step 1 is performed to allow a socket to be installed onto
the nut, securing the steering arm to the steering
1. Pour bolts (1) securing cam-
Allow camshaft bracket (2) to
Do not remove O-ring (4)
shaft bracket (2) to brake
hang loose. Disconnect and re-
or camshaft bracket (2)
dust shield (3). Allow cam-
from camshaft (5).
shaft bracket (2) to hang
Change 1 3-1299